We are so excited to launch the PRP Facial as a new service here at SkinSpaMED in February!
Although there are various moving parts to the entire facial, an important and significant step involves Microneedling.
But what is it?
This skin roller is a tool with a roller head that is covered in tiny titanium needles. People often compare the results to that of an IPL treatments.
What does it do?
The little needles penetrate the outer layer of your skin, which does three really cool things:
1. It tricks your skin into thinking it has experienced trauma, which alerts collagen to rush to the surface and start repairing. Since there is nothing to repair, it grows new collagen that helps diminish wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, & various other skin irregularities.
2. It also helps the absorption of any/all products you may use due to all the new passages in your skin being created. Think of it like aerating a lawn, you punch a bunch of holes in the lawn so water can flow more freely.
3. It gently exfoliates & increases blood flow, which is crucial to cleaning out your pores and bringing life back to your skin.
What are the benefits of Microneedling?
- Improves fine lines and deeper wrinkles
- Reduces acne scars
- Softens stretch marks
- Evens skin tone
- Lightens hyperpigmentation and sun spots
- Reduces appearance of pores
- Firms and smooths skin texture
- Heals scars
- Reduces broken capillaries and spider veins
- Brings back the glow for fresher, younger-looking skin
What are the benefits of Microneedling with PRP?
When PRP is used with Microneedling, it penetrates your skin through the tiny channels the Microneedles create. The PRP supercharges the Microneedling benefits. PRP also addresses under-eye puffiness and dark circles to give you a more youthful, well-rested appearance. Since PRP is derived from your own blood, the side effects are virtually eliminated.
Which areas of the body can be treated with Microneedling and PRP?
What is the downtime after the Microneedling with PRP?
The downtime is minimal with only one to three days of mild redness, depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment. A post-treatment kit will help speed your recovery.
When will I see results after the PRP Facial?
You’ll notice an immediate “glow” to your skin and it will continue to improve over the next few weeks. The full results can be seen up to 6 months post treatment as collagen production continues.
How many treatments are needed with the PRP Facial to see optimal results?
We recommend a series of at least three treatments about four to six weeks apart to see the best results. You can then do the treatment about once a year to maintain these results.