If it's your first time visiting SkinSpaMED, one of our talented staff members will sit you down in front of a white, egg-shaped pod and take pictures of your face. They will then print off the skin analysis (seen above) and review the results with you.
The VISIA skin care analysis is an excellent tool to learn more about your skin and discover effective ways to improve your personal concerns. It also saves money by allowing you to focus on the areas of most need. With VISIA, you can better understand your skin rejuvenation goals. VISIA gives a complete visual analysis of your skin and allows us to recommend customized treatments and products based on detection and overall evaluation.
Here are some common skin features detected by the VISIA Complexion Analysis:
- Spots – spots are typically brown or red skin lesions including freckles, acne scars, hyper-pigmentation and vascular lesions. They usually have a distinct color and contrast from the background skin tone.
- Pores – pores are the circular surface openings of sweat gland ducts. Due to shadowing, pores appear darker than the surrounding skin tone and are identified by their darker color and circular shape. The VISIA complexion system distinguishes pores from spots based on size.
- Wrinkles – wrinkles are furrows, folds or creases in the skin, which increase in occurrence as a result of sun exposure, and are associated with decreasing skin elasticity. This skin feature has the greatest variability from image to image as it is highly dependent upon the facial expression of the client.
- Texture – texture is primarily an analysis of skin smoothness. Texture measures skin color and smoothness by identifying gradations in color from the surrounding skin tone.
- Porphyrins – porphyrins are bacterial excretions that can become lodged in pores and lead to acne. Porphyrins fluoresce in UV light and exhibit circular white spot characteristics.
- UV Spots – UV spots occur when melanin coagulates below the skin surface as a result of sun damage. UV spots are generally invisible under normal lighting conditions.
- Red Areas – red areas represent a potential variety of conditions, such as acne, inflammation, rosacea or spider veins. Blood vessels and hemoglobin contained in the papillary dermis, a sub-layer of skin, give these structures their red color, which is detected by the VISIA technology.
- Brown Spots – brown spots are lesions on the skin such as hyper-pigmentation, freckles, lentigines, and melasma. Brown spots produce an uneven appearance to the skin, and are detected in VISIA.
The VISIA complexion analysis is a great option before a series of treatments or before starting a skin care regimen as results and improvement in the skin can be tracked.
VISIA starts with a digital photograph of your face which is then used to document the condition of your skin and evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment options available to you. The system generates comprehensive reports to add to your record and with which to track your progress to a healthier, more youthful looking complexion.
Individualized Rejuvenation Program Based On Your Results
With VISIA’s precise imaging of all areas affecting your complexion, your skin care professionals at SkinSpaMED can present the optimal rejuvenation options for your unique combination of facial characteristics.
Renew & Maintain Skin Care Health
Based on your complexion profile, your skin rejuvenation program will also include optimized recommendations for ongoing skin care health, with VISIA imaging as an invaluable aid in monitoring your complexion’s vitality and checking effectiveness of your skin rejuvenation regimen over time.