Marie and the staff at SkinSpaMED Dallas, and SkinSpaMED Colleyville are pleased to offer the latest in non-surgical hair regrowth therapy: PRF + ACell.
Platelet-Rich Fibrin (PRF), is a second-generation version of PRP therapy. PRF has a higher concentration of platelets, fibrin, and white blood cells. In addition, PRF has a small percentage of stem cells, which cannot be found in traditional PRP therapy.
PRF, with its powerful regeneration properties is what is used in the ACell + PRF procedure.
What is ACell?
ACell’s technology works at the cellular level to repair and remodel damaged tissues. ACell has a broad range of uses in surgical procedures, and is a naturally occurring matrix of proteins’ found in tissue layers.
When ACell is injected into a site in the body, it is resorbed, stimulating adult stem cells in the damaged tissues.
This process will regenerate dormant follicular tissues, thereby producing improved quality in hair growth.
What is ACell + PRF?
PRF is more effective and lasts longer when combined with ACell. There is a limit to what PRF alone can do long term.
The combination of ACell + PRF hair regrowth therapy provides a significantly longer-lasting solution for hair loss resulting in the need for only a once-a-year treatment regimen for most people. This is because ACell slows down the hair thinning process by providing the extracellular matrix structure on which to continue building hair follicles.
How does PRF work to regrow hair?
If your hair follicles or hair roots are healthy, the growth of the hair is healthy. Hair follicles survive on the nutrition they get from blood supply. If we introduce fresh platelets by administering PRF in the area of damaged hair follicles, it amplifies the body’s naturally occurring wound healing and growth mechanism.
PRF works by stimulating inactive hair follicles into an active growth phase. Platelets contain specific growth factors that when “activated” promote tissue regeneration and healing. These same growth factors may help hair grow or slow hair loss.
Who are good candidates for ACell + PRF?
- Men and women with thinning hair due to heredity
- Individuals who are concerned about reduced hair growth on their eyebrows
- Women with traction alopecia, hair thinning caused by too tight ponytails, braids, and other styles that pull the hair out
- PRF treatments work best on men and who have recently begun to lose hair
- People who want to improve the look and volume of their hair, but do not wish to have a hair transplant
- Clients who want to maintain their hair growth without turning to medications
Are there individual situations that will not benefit from ACell + PRF treatments?
In areas where the hair growth has stopped for more than 5 years, regrowth is no longer possible. ACell + PRF hair regrowth therapy can only affect hair follicles that are still active. The earlier we begin treatments, the more hair we can save and thicken.
How is PRF + ACell hair regrowth therapy performed?
There are exceptions to these guidelines and every client is different, so the best thing to do is call either SkinSpaMED location to make an appointment for a consultation to discover what’s best for you.
- Upon arrival at SkinSpaMED you will have a small amount of your blood drawn. The blood is spun in a sterile centrifuge system, which separates the PRF from the rest of the blood.
- Your scalp is washed and a topical anesthesia is injected to the scalp to reduce any discomfort during the PRF treatment.
- Photos are taken on the treatment area.
- The highly concentrated PRF + ACell ‘cocktail’ is then injected into the scalp at the treatment area.
- After the injection, the microneedling technique is used to activate platelet growth factors
- Your hair will then be wiped down and you may return to your daily routine.
- Wait 48 hours to shower and wash your hair.
- SkinSpaMED staff will provide simple after care instruction.
What will recovery be like?
No activity restrictions are required after a PRF + ACell treatment. Clients may shower, shampoo and condition their hair starting a few hours after their treatment and resume their normal daily activities and exercise as soon as they feel comfortable. Some brief mild inflammation appearing as redness/pinkness and numbness of the scalp may be present for several hours.
No harsh chemical coloring or perming treatments should be performed for at least 72 hours.
How long do the results from ACell + PRF treatment last?
On average, ACell + PRF results last for over a year after the initial series of treatments.
SkinSpaMED of Dallas and Colleyville understands the importance of maintaining the thickness an health of your hair, and we’re here to help! Our mission is to provide exceptional, personal, and effective celebrity-style medical spa services. SkinSpaMED provides a unique red-carpet solution delivered by professionals who provide the finest levels of service through individualized treatment plans. Call us today for a free consult.